Saturday, March 1, 2014

Precious metals

Happiness is a pile of cold silver. 

I spent this rainy weekend crafting jewelry and as the day fell away & I saw my fingertips tinged grey from sanding and polishing, I thought to myself "I don't breathe air anymore, just silver dust..."

Looking around at a table strewn in silver, labradorite, amazonite, herkimer diamonds and pearls, my eyes probably glittering with the shine of it all, I feel the way a dragon must feel surveying its plunder. And, after two days of shaping, texturing, firing, polishing, twisting wire, selecting stones, assembling necklaces....I would love nothing more than to stretch out, covering myself in all this beauty, and fall asleep for a hundred years.

I wish I could explain what I'm feeling ... a sort of precious, internal glow (like a little fire), nestled somewhere not in my body, but in my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment